Developed by and available
EXCLUSIVELY from NEW-LIFESTYLES, our new Lewis & Clark Corps of
Discovery School Pedometer Program Kit commemorates the Lewis & Clark Expedition.
President Thomas Jefferson sent Meriwether Lewis, William Clark and a
team of explorers—including Sacagawea, the proud Native American woman
who served as the expedition's interpreter—to explore the lands west of
the Mississippi River. The journey took more than two years and
covered approximately 8,000 miles (That’s about 16 million steps!).
NEW-LIFESTYLES, the leader in school pedometer programs, has
developed this school kit to illustrate to students the massive distance these explorers covered.
using pedometers in class, your students can track how many miles they
walk during your program. By adding their step or mile totals together
on a daily or weekly basis, you can track the students’ progress along
the same trail Lewis and Clark traveled 200 years ago.
This kit includes the following:
Affiliated with a school, university or government organization and
want to use a purchase order? If so, in addition to your order, we will
need an authorized (signed) purchase order sent to us via fax
816-373-9929, email NLpedometers@gmail.com or mail to:
- 15 or 30 yellow SW-401 DIGI-WALKER Pedometers with steps and distance in miles
- 15 or 30 security straps
- 1 or 2 Organizer Boxes
- 1 Sheet of Pedometer ID Labels
- Teaching With Pedometers: A School Activity Guide by fitness and
pedometer expert, Teresa Vollenweider. Teaching With Pedometers will
help you facilitate a pedometer program in your school. It’s packed with
40 age-appropriate pedometer activities and includes graphics-rich
reproducible copy masters for each activity.
- Also included—Reproducible Lewis & Clark Expedition activity copy masters
- 1 WALK ACROSS THE WILD WEST CHALLENGE™ Chart (22” x 36”)—the best
way to track steps and miles along the Lewis & Clark trail and
several other western trails as well—the Pony Express Trail, Oregon
Trail, California Trail and the Santa Fe Trail
- 10 WALK ACROSS THE WILD WEST CHALLENGE™ Charts (11” x 18” Home
Version)—perfect as reinforcement incentives for improvements in
students’ levels of activity (Why give them a trinket when you can give
them an incentive with a real purpose?)
- 3 Press releases you can customize to promote your physical education program
- 3 Parent letters you can copy to promote your physical education program where it counts—in your students’ homes!
- 1 10,000 Steps Program Guide written by Teresa Vollenweider
Attn: Order Department
NOTE: NEW-LIFESTYLES, Inc. reserves the right to deny credit. There will
be a $20 service fee for any purchase order under $200. (This does not
include pre-paid orders via check, money order or credit card.)
5201 NE Maybrook Road
Lee's Summit, MO 64064
for an electronic copy of the one that you need.
- Using Your SW-series DIGI-WALKER Pedometer
- Utilizacion Del Podometro SW-series DIGI-WALKER (Spanish version)